Saturday, January 12, 2008

My Mind's Dance

Sitting here on the side
Of the dance floor
Looking at the people
Holding hands
Wishing you were here
To shuffle our feet in syncopated motion

I know I must be crazy
To still be crazy about you
I miss the times we had
The times I would lay in bed
Half asleep
Talking to you for hours
About nothing.

I went with my friends
Thinking I could unwind
Relax for a change
Who was I kidding?
I’m not satisfied
Until I see your smiling face
Staring at me in the center
Of the platform of the church
As I walk down the isle
Coated with rose petals.

Is it too much to ask
To give us a chance
Is it too much to be
To be with just me

I know I’m not new
But maybe I have something
You just don’t know about it yet
Are you willing to find
What no one else finds

I hide for a reason
I don’t want everyone knowing
Who I am is something special
You can’t trust people with the real you
Because anyone who has your trust
Can just as easily betray it.

I asked God to take
All the emotions
That were linked to you
If you weren’t worth my time
But my heart is still yours
I don’t know why
He hasn’t helped me move on
Do I just need to wait longer
Or does he know we can work things out?

No comments: